he Vardon School Board of Trustees is an elected parent body responsible for the governance and strategic direction of our school. The Vardon School Board has up to five Parent Reps, one Staff Rep and the Principal.
The primary responsibility of the Board of Trustees is:
- Setting strategic direction and priorities
- Setting and reviewing policy and determining school/Principal performance in relation to finance, property, staff performance and compliance.
- Identifying and managing risk
- Monitoring and evaluating school/student progress and achievement
- Engaging and communicating with the school community
Vardon School ensures all new Board members receive in-depth training to enable them to be confident and competent Trustees. Board of Trustee meetings are held once a month at 5.30PM in the School Staffroom. These meetings are open to the public and anyone is welcome to attend to listen to what is happening at Vardon School. Please check our School Calendar for the date of our next meeting.